Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday Update.

Not much to update about. This week was busy, a lot of classes and homework and working. The working part is good, I definitely needed the hours since I couldn't work all of last week thanks to being sick with a fantastic virus. Anyways, so that's all that's new really.


Besides the fact that for some reason, last night, I made the decision to stay at NAU all four years. I had been talking about transferring, and I was really hopeful that I would follow through with it, and I had been telling Brett I would look into it, so I finally did, and I realized that those other schools just weren't for me. I think there is a reason bigger than myself that I ended up here at NAU. I'm used to the campus, and the way the classes are run, and how study sessions are used to my advantage, where all the buildings are.. I think it would just be a burden for me to move home and have to figure out all that stuff all over again. Not to mention, being in Flagstaff really sucks, and I hate it, which kind of forces me to get my work done and really focus 100% on school. If I were at home I would have the temptations of all the great San Diego things, plus the fact that I would live closer to my friends, family and boyfriend.. So I think that being at NAU is the best idea for me for the next two and a half years.


The sucky part was telling Brett. I cried, a lot; and explained to him that I understood if he wanted to break up, or move on, because I can understand if he didn't want to do the long distance thing for such a long time. But he is an AMAZING boyfriend, and said he would never want to break up, and that we can do this.. that I'm almost halfway done with school. It's honestly crazy knowing that someone loves me this much. Like, honestly, it doesn't make sense. I don't understand WHY he would chose to stay in this relationship with me when I made the decision to stay 500 miles away for two more years. But it's amazing and I don't know what I would do or who I would be without him.


I love that I have an amazing family and boyfriend who completely support me no matter what hard decisions I make.


I thank God every day for gifts like them in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's really cool that you decided to stay there & from my point of view it seems like the best idea since you are already used to it and everything. Good luck with it all !!